Friday, February 10, 2006

Issues (and a print)

I just had a meeting with my professor Genevieve Cadieux and TA Esther Choi - both very talented artists. This particular class has annoyed me for a number of reasons (which I'll go into another time), but what has also annoyed me is my indecisiveness with regards to my work and approach - things have shifted in the way that I work and the way I see photography - having so much in my head about the history, context, what's been done before, can be really debilitating (rather than inspirational). I'm working with graphic and color elements, but seem to be unable to make any sort of successful series or display - maybe I'm trying too hard - maybe I'm not trusting my instincts like I used to, or I'm just sick of photo. Whatever the case - it's been a frustrating experience.

Things seemed to come together in this meeting however. I feel good - the series and pairing came naturally. I was impressed with how both Genevieve and Esther worked with the mini images before them - seeing then in a way I hadn't before.

It was good. I'm on a good path now.

I'm now off to two art opening parties. It's gonna be a fun night.

We hang the Cash and Carry show on Sunday. I like the print I'm showing - it's big (40 inches by 40 inches).

Oh - don't get me started about Ol Stevie's cabinet choices. What an ass. That's another post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home